Everyone loves pizzas. I’m not vegan, so cheese + bread + veggies = extravaganza! But if it’s hot and if you’re in the mood to make it a little bit fancier, there’s definitely a way.
We tossed our pizzas on the grill the other night. We ran to Trader Joe’s and picked up a few packages of their pre-made whole wheat pizza dough, and a tub of their pizza sauce. Their dough is fool proof, and the sauce is really quite good! Not too loose and no tinny taste.
- Pre-made pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Olive oil
- Veggies to taste
- Mozzarella cheese
- White truffle oil
1. Toss the pizza dough with some flour on a flat board.
2. Chop up some veggies. We did Roma tomatoes, red onions, and garlic.
And head out to the grill.
3. Take each pizzette crust and brush a side generously with olive oil. Flip that side down onto the grill and wait a few minutes– we waited about 3 minutes.
4. Brush the upsides with olive oil, and flip again. Now that the grilled sides are smiling at you, add your sauce, cheese, and veggies. Close the lid and wait another 3-5 minutes while the other side of the crust cooks through.
You may want to check at the two minute mark for charring.
5. When you get your hot pizzas inside, drizzle each with some white truffle oil. We bought ours at a specialty food store, and it cost about $15 for 3.4 ounces. It’s not cheap, but a little bit of the flavored oil goes a long way. This little bottle lasts over a year with proper storage.