The name of this cocktail is not “birthday cake.”
But… look at it! It’s so pretty!
It’s not fair that I found this cocktail– that looks like pink lemonade and tastes like birthday cake– in a book called Drinkology. And that Drinkology told me its name was…
I mean, seriously?! Its name has “retch” right in the middle of it! Something so pretty should not remind you viscerally of, well, you know.
But I mixed it up once I read the descriptor– a light, pink concoction that reminded the writer of birthday cake. Here are the ingredients:
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce white creme de cacao
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grenadine
- lemon wheel or twist to garnish
- In a shaker over ice, combine the ingredients, except for the garnish.
- Shake until pale and lightly frothy.
- Strain into a martini glass, or a fancy little number like I did above
- Garnish with your lemon accoutrement.