I bet I know what movie you’re watching tonight!
Groundhog Day is, without a doubt, one of my favorite movies. I know. It’s weird. David and I watched it on one of our first dates, and ever since then the bizarro comedy (which is way darker than most people care to admit) is on constant repeat at our house every February 2nd.
But truthfully, Groundhog Day is nearly impossible to celebrate, outside of Punxsutawney.
It’s great for teaching kids about seasons, but that’s really about it. Spring, as Bill Murray’s character illuminates, always starts on the same day, no matter what.
But the people of Sparkling ICE decided to have a little fun with the Day of the Rodent this year.
How about some Groundhog Day Cocktails?
Phil Connors Collins
- 4 oz. Lemonade Sparkling Ice
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- Cucumber and lemon slices
- Muddle a few cucumber sliced with vodka
- Strain and pour into a chilled glass over ice
- Top with Lemonade Sparkling Ice
- Garnish with lemon and cucumber slices
- 4 oz. Pomegranate Blueberry Sparkling ICE
- 1 ½ oz. pomegranate vodka
- Splash of freshly squeezed lemon
- Rosemary sprig
- Pour vodka and lemon juice over ice and stir
- Top with Pomegranate Blueberry Sparkling Ice
- Stir gently to combine ingredients
- Garnish with fresh or frozen blueberries and a sprig of rosemary
- 1 Bottle of Strawberry Lemonade Sparkling ICE
- Dash of lime juice
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- Raspberries for Garnish
- Crushed Ice
- In a cocktail shaker, combine Strawberry Lemonade Sparkling Ice, vodka and lime juice
- Stir in crushed ice
- Stir and pour in two glasses
- Garnish each glass with fresh raspberries and lemons
For more ideas and inspiration from Sparkling ICE, find them on social media:
Cheers to a Happy Groundhog Day!
Featured image from Pexels.com. They’re technically prairie dogs, but shh.