Um, yum. A while back Sues on We Are Not Martha Used Skyy Ginger in a cocktail, and I expressed jealousy.
Well, I nabbed a bottle and needed to try it ASAP. So we threw together this cocktail:
- 2 ounces Skyy Gigner vodka
- 4 ounces tonic
- 2 ounces Meyer Lemon Syrup (Mine is from a company called Round Pond, which is also a winery. They have orange and lemon groves, as well as olive groves. So cool.)
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add 2 ounces of vodka to your glass, and fill with tonic water.
- Add Meyer lemon syrup to taste.
If you can’t buy flavored syrup, you can make your own. In a saucepan, combine any flavored juice and one cup of sugar. Boil rapidly until the volume decreases by half. Chill, and flavor away!