Since summer berries are on their way out of markets, I figured I’d share a way we’ve been enjoying them for the past few months.
Summer Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup plain, non fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Break out your trusty blender, and add berries, ice, and yogurt to the mix. Commence blending.
- If your blender can’t make it through the solid mass, add water as you blend. This will help loosen up the hunks of ice and berries.
- Stop blending, pop off the top, and give your smoothie a taste.
- Sometimes, I find straight berries to be kind of tart. Instead of adding processed sugars, I always add honey.
Simple, tasty, and to the point. A few months ago, I should have learned to not take photos of drinks in glasses with logos.
What’s your farewell treat for summer?