Yeah, the second best guacamole recipe. I can’t claim to take the best guacamole recipe title; that belongs to my old co-worker, Cecilia. She makes her guacamole for all our office parties and it is just the most fabulous green goo I’ve ever, ever, ever had.
And she won’t share the recipe.
So, I’m left to paw my way blindly through the steps, attempting to re-create it. I’d say this is a pretty good avocado dip made by someone 1) from New England 2) with not an ounce of Mexican blood running through my veins.
The Second Best Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados (they’re firm but have just the slightest give under your fingers)
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 deseeded and minced serrano chili
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, place the halved avocados. Cover in the lime juice and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Smash the avocado to a paste.
- Add the onion, tomato, and chili. Stir.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in the fridge; let sit for a few hours so the flavors meld.
- Upon removing from the fridge, salt to taste. Serve and enjoy!