You all probably know my position on fruit in dessert by now:
But I do love fruit sorbet. I made strawberry sorbet this time last year, and now I decided to make a bright green version!
Two Fun Facts:
- When I was little, my dad called this particular shade of green “bug guts green.”
- When I was little, I thought kiwi fruits were kiwi birds, just decapitated and de-winged.
Believe it or not, this sorbet (like most fruit sorbets I make) only have four steps.
- Clean and chop up fruit.
- Cover the fruit evenly with granulated sugar. Let sit for at least an hour, preferably a few, in the fridge.
- Take the fruit out of the fridge and blend.
- Once blended, put in your ice cream maker and churn until frozen.
Isn’t that so cool?
For the above sorbet, I only used 8 kiwi fruits and a half cup of sugar!
What’s on your summer dessert list?