If you’re on the hunt for a bespoke Valentine Cocktail, Freixenet is here to help!
I love Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut for a lot of reasons: it’s great on its own or mixed into cocktails, the bottle is gorgeous, and (oh yeah) a full 750mL bottle retails for only about $12.
You may recall that I used Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut for a fun Halloween cocktail last year, mixing the sparkling deliciousness with homemade cranberry syrup for a beautifully bloody Vampire-themed cocktail.
For Valentine’s Day, Freixenet sent over a cocktail recipe with another flavor profile you may be familiar with– something that’s super similar to my Champagne Jell-o Shots!
- 1 bottle Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut cava
- 1 jar Hibiscus flowers in syrup (I love Wild Hibiscus!)
- Place one hibiscus flower and two teaspoons of hibiscus syrup in each glass. Champagne flutes are best, because Champagne coupes may be too shallow for the full effect
- Top the hibiscus flower with a complete pour of 2-4 ounces of Freixenet
- Watch as the bubbles slowly work the hibiscus flower petals open, and make the flower “bloom” right in your glass!
- Cheers to your sweetheart, and enjoy!
If you’re looking for other cocktail recipes that may work for sharing with your sweetheart, head over to our cocktails section— there are dozens of drinks made throughout the years that may be exactly what you’re looking for!
For more information about Freixenet, check out their Facebook page if you’re 21+!
What’s your favorite sparkling wine cocktail, or favorite Valentine cocktail?