Are you planning an elegant Halloween party this year? Or even just a all-out Halloween bash with an adult contingent? Look no farther than Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut for your Halloween cocktails.
Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut is a go-to bubbly for my friends and myself– and it’s also the #1 sparkling wine in the world.
Pronounced Fresh-ah-net, the brand produces an awesome Spanish cava, that is clean and fizzy in the mouth and goes well with basically any food, but especially well with food with a hint of spice. Cordon Negro Brut is made from Macabeo, Xerel-lo and Parellada grapes, and aged up to 18 months in a cave.
What’s also amazing about Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut is that it’s easy to find in two bottle sizes– the standard 750mL but also the cute little 187 mL size, which is called a split. The 750 mL bottle has a suggested retail price of $12 and the split has a suggested retail price of just $3.
Personally, if I was having a little Halloween dinner party, I’d buy everyone their own split!
Isn’t that cute?
If you wanted to make an awesome Halloween Cava cocktail, it’s almost as easy as tying a straw to a pitch-black bottle and calling it a day.
Maybe it’s time we rescue Sparkling Vampires from the realms of Twilight, don’t you think? What if it was a refined, if not even graceful, bit of mixology, ready to be enjoyed as a Samhain sipper?
Sparkling Vampire Cocktail
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 oz Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut
- Orange sanding sugar for garnish
- Champagne flute + 2 shallow dishes
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, pour your cranberry juice and sugar, bringing to a simmer until the sugar dissolves.
- Let chill for a few hours until the cranberry syrup becomes thick and gooey. Also, don’t spill it on anything because that thing will turn bright red and be very, very sticky.
- In one shallow plate or dish, pour 1 oz cava. In a separate shallow dish, pour your sanding sugar. Rim the edge of a Champagne flute and let it air dry for about 30 seconds. Then, rim the flute with the sugar.
- Pour 1 oz of your chilled cranberry syrup into the bottom of your flute. Then, top off with 4 oz of Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut. Add a spooktacular straw and you have a Sparkling Vampire cocktail!
But we would be remiss if we didn’t talk about the opportunity Cordon Negro Brut gives us for decorating for a Halloween party.
What you’ll need? A bottle of Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut + 1 metallic permanent marker.
What do you think? A festive pumpkin and an elaborate Sugar Skull, glittering in gold on a bottle of Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut.
Spooky, scintillating and absolutely spectacular.